INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVESTORS
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Uzbekistan (CCIUz) in cooperation with the Joint Stock companies of Uzbekistan considers inviting foreign companies and investors to purchase manufacturing enterprises in industrial sectors and financial institutions to further support of attracting foreign investments in various industrial sectors of Uzbekistan.
In this regard, the CCIUz would like to offer purchasing not less than 15% shares of joint stock companies and commercial banks in accordance with Presidential Decree “On additional measures to attract foreign investors to joint stock companies” №2454 dated on 21.12.2015, the list of joint stock companies has been approved accordingly.
The list of Joint Stock Companies includes following sectors:
- commercial banks - 18
- insurance companies – 7
- energy sectors - 14
- oil and gas industry - 40
- construction sectors - 6
- chemical industry - 16
- pharmaceutical industry - 6
- automobile and railway - 33
- electronics industry – 9
- cotton industry and textile industry – 38
- others – 60
Hence, the CCIUz expresses its readiness to assist foreign companies and potential investors in providing information on the activities of each of the abovementioned companies, to conduct negotiations on the subject of potential acquisition of listed companies. The CCIUz is also ready to organize visits to the companies of interest, provide other organizational, legal services and appropriate information on the investment environment.
ECONOMIC INDICATROS OF UZBEKISTAN
SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC GROWTH
GDP growth rate (in % to previous year)
- UZBEKISTAN is AMONG TOP 5 FASTEST GROWING ECONOMIES IN THE WORLD.
- GDP has increased 4.1 times during the years of independence;
- Sustainable high rates of economic growth retain at the level not less than 8% annually for the last years;
FOREIGN INVESTMENTS GROWTH IN UZBEKISTAN
“Doing Business” Report
International Experts Evaluation
LOW COST OF RUNNING BUSINESS!!!
- According to the World Bank “Doing Business” report for 2015, globally Uzbekistan stands at 87 in the ranking of 189 countries.
- Uzbekistan is in top ten countries that improved the indicator of the quality of the regulatory environment for business.
- This indicator in a less degree depends on the changing of the ranking of other countries, and better reflects the progress, reached by a separate country.