Presidential Decree "On State Program for the Implementation of the Strategy of Actions in the Five Priorities of Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2017-2021 at the Year of Active Investment and Social Development" was adopted.
The Decree approved the state program "The Year of Proactive Investment and Social Development", which envisages the implementation of projects worth 16.9 trillion soums and USD 8.1 billion and stipulates:
- in the field of public and social construction - improving parliamentary activities, optimizing executive power system, continuation of administrative reforms, increased use of modern management techniques in public administration, formation of a unified personnel policy, strengthening independence of khokimiyats;
- in the field of the rule of law and further reforming the judicial system - achieving the real independence of the judiciary, providing peace and security of the population, and legitimacy, taking necessary measures to prevent crime, liberalizing criminal law;
- in the field of economic development and investment attraction - ensuring macroeconomic stability, creation of necessary conditions for fair competition, substantial improvement in business and investment climate, significantly reducing state involvement in the economy, maintaining high rates of economic growth, fighting against the "shadow" economy and drastically reduce its share, pursuing further liberalization of monetary policy;
- in the field of social development - reduction of unemployment among the population, increase of people's income, improvement of science and continuous education, enhancing the quality of health services and facilitating access to them, strengthening of social support of women and youth, improvement of human condition, providing affordable housing and welfare improvement, encouraging healthy lifestyle in society, promoting physical education and sport, development of tourism;
- in the field of security, interethnic concord and religious tolerance, as well as foreign policy - strengthening defense capabilities, improving the capacity of the Armed Forces, formation of national military-industrial facilities, ensuring environmental safety, rational use of water and other natural resources, further enhancement of the effectiveness of foreign policy activities based on the principles of openness, equality and mutual benefit.